4 Easy Ways To Make The Most of Your Backyard Space This Summer
There’s still time to soak up the sun in your backyard space! The kids may be headed back to school in just a short few weeks, but there are still plenty of perfect summer memories to be made over the next few months as the Middle Tennessee area transitions into fall. Your outdoor space is the perfect place to watch hot summer nights blossom into cool evenings, plus those sunny hot Saturdays are made for playing in the grass with the whole family. If you can’t let go of summer, then these are the perfect tips for you.
Tip #1: Jazz Up Your Backyard Space
Late July and early August are a great time to score “end of season” deals at your local stores looking to move out the summer stock and bring in back to school stuff. From furniture to grills to games and decor, you can score great deals on just about anything outdoors. Take this opportunity to refresh your backyard space with new seating, rugs, and candles.
Tip #2: Prep Your Garden For Fall
As hot summer nights give way to cooler temps, it is also time to start prepping your garden and lawn for autumn. Here are a few ways to help prepare your plants and ground for cooler weather:
- Assess plants and flowers for disease
- Replace summer annuals with cool-weather flowers
- Weed your flower beds and lawn
- Fertilize your lawn
- Remove all annuals from the garden
Tip #3: Create a DIY Fire Pit Area
No summer is complete without spending time around a fire pit. And, the good news is the fun doesn’t have to end when the kids go back to school. A fire pit is also perfect for crisp fall evenings with friends as well. Here are a few key ingredients to make the best fire pit area:
- Comfy Seating: make sure to have plenty of seating, whether you opt for log stumps or more traditional outdoor furniture. Create a seating area circled around the fire pit to encourage conversation.
- The Fire Pit: You can easily purchase a variety of fire pits at your local stores (and even score a great deal during August/Septemeber), but it is very easy to build your own as well.
- The Ground: Consider the type of ground covering you want to use first and foremost. You can choose from a variety of materials including grass, pebbles, sand, concrete, and more.
Tip #4: Add Ambiance to Your Backyard Space
There are a few great ways to add more ambiance to your backyard space, making a cozy and dreamy escape. The first way is to add soft lighting. Look for end of season deals on string lights that emit a soft yellow glow. This simple and easy DIY lighting will easily transition into fall and can be stored during the winter months as well. The second way to create more ambiance is to add textures that appeal to the senses. Throw pillows, blankets, and cushions easily create a warm and cozy feeling for you and your guests to enjoy. Make sure to use fabrics that are made specifically for outdoor use and can easily be washed when they get dirty.
Ready to pack up your summer gear and backyard space furniture?
Consider the Fox Moving and Storage services to give your garage a little extra space! Learn more about our storage services here.
Armed with a pen in one hand, a camera in the other, and a goofy fur-ball sidekick named Mr. Nubbinsworth, DavisFinn is ready to conquer the world through written and visual expressions. You can follow her adventure on IG at @davisfinn.